Our Website: www.ashdalealpacas.com

Thursday 25 February 2010

Rain, Rain Go Away

It feels as though the only time we can get anything done is first thing in the morning. We seem to get a couple of dry hours and then the rain starts about 10. I feel terrible moaning about it when poor Jayne of Zanzibar Alpacas is snowed in again, at least we can get out and about.

As we are limited to what we can do we have decided to get all the running around done over the next week or so. We have been looking for a suri stud to use on Ms Humphreys and we saw an absolutely super rose grey one on the internet so we are going over to check him out next week. We are also going to pay a visit to Head Office for a lesson on taking fleece samples.

I have been using a super Yahoo Group started by Dianne Summers, a lot of you will know her from the bTB Awareness Meetings. It is full of tips on keeping alpacas and their welfare. She has given me permission to put a link on here http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/cornwallalg. It is well worth joining.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not snowed in just yet...!! I've been back down the track...today with the tractor..so hopefully I'll be able to get out...we've had wet snow all day...so its been blowing across the fields...but I think its melting !!!..Yipee .......Jayne

    ReplyDelete