Our Website: www.ashdalealpacas.com

Friday 4 December 2009

Is There Anybody Out There?

We've had a really heavy mist today and couldn't see further than the gate. It was as though the rest of the world had dropped off. I had to keep going out to check on the animals as there was no hope of seeing them from the window. They are going through the hay at an amazing rate even though there is still plenty of grass, I'm glad that 14 of our animals are still with MGB.

It looks as though we have had a visit from Willy Wonka who has poured some of his chocolate river in all our gateways. I may end up joining Augustus Gloop when I check the animals. Who knows where I'll end up?

After getting our first Xmas card I thought I'd better test the new oven here and try baking. I made some mince pies, chocolate and lemon fairy cakes (a dozen of each). The oven works fine and it then prompted Ollie to go and find his stocking; he's now 15 and I was hoping that he had grown out of it but if there's a chance of it being filled then he'll happily pretend he believes in Father Christmas again. I've saved the remains of the pastry to put on the bird table tomorrow morning. It may have been freezing outside but it was so hot in here with the oven being on for so long that the dogs were desperate to get outside for a cool down.

This evening I've been working on the alpaca database again; it is really slow entering all the animals. The most fascinating part is putting all the information going back generations and finding out exactly what bloodlines we have, it will really make life a lot easier with reminders for medications and working out the exact birth dates; I just hope that the alpacas will keep to the exact date they are due.

1 comment:

  1. Irene said "I just hope that the alpacas will keep to the exact date they are due."

    Yeah right ! And when did they last do anything you wanted them to do on the right day ?????

    ReplyDelete