Our Website: www.ashdalealpacas.com

Thursday 15 October 2009

Poo Tiddlywinks

The weather here has been lovely again today so that meant back out into the paddocks to collect poo. We can't afford a paddock cleaner yet so I am doing it with a rake, shovel and wheelbarrow. When it is dry it's just like playing tiddlywinks as it pops onto the shovel. I console myself with the fact that I'm collecting compost and fuel. When you think about it these alpacas are really environmentally friendly. They provide fibre to keep us warm, poo to compost and grow food and it can also be made into bricks to use as fuel. They also give us a warm glow just looking after and getting to know them.

Si collected his new car today, apparently it's a Disco. I'm not really into 4x4's but it's a necessary evil with a farm. We need something that can tow a horse box and after being snowed in for 3 days last winter I can see the attraction. Ollie is obviously impressed with the fact it has not one sunroof but two and has even asked if he can come to collect his sister from the station tomorrow (anything for a ride in it).

I'm really looking forward to OD arriving tomorrow. I have over 300 bulbs to plant and I know that she will help with them. The fact that her student loan still hasn't come through helps; she is totally reliant on me for rent and food for the foreseeable future.

MGM were across again this afternoon and we spent a happy time planning next years matings. Mark is brilliant at knowing what male to put with which female. We were also discussing fibre and what products we need to be making but there is no hurry with that as we have two years fibre waiting to be sorted once we have our barn up.

No comments:

Post a Comment