Our Website: www.ashdalealpacas.com

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Chick, Chick, Chick, Chick, Chicken

Sorry, I know that we should blog more often but it has really been a hectic time.  Our clients have had another baby born here, they are going to start with their hands full as both of their new baby boys are really energetic bundles of joy.  I still feel like a proud parent whenever we have babies charging round, so much so that I was trying to have a serious conversation on the telephone today but instead gave them a report on what the new cria was doing.  Aaah he's chasing a bird now, aaah now he's trying to play with Temple.  Not doing much for my credibility as a business woman.

Let's see.  What have we been up to over the past couple of weeks?  We managed a visit to Rosemary and her men over at Westhill Alpacas.  More plans were made over what shades we were aiming for to add to our knitwear collection.  Aforementioned knitwear collection was seriously depleted at the last two shows we did and we are now starting to panic about what we are going to have left to sell by Christmas and if the mills can spin and get more yarn back to us in time.  We both have lots of ideas about new items to add to our stock.

Si has been deciding which girls can go up for sale but has said that people can come and choose which ones they are interested in and what bloodlines they want in their herd so he has been preparing me for letting some of my girls to leave home.  I know it's not as though I'll never see them again, we offer a free mating with Cooper or one of our other stud males and we always make sure that we visit clients to help them with injections and toenail trimming.  We also get regular updates when they telephone us for advice; we are available to our clients 24/7 by telephone.



This is one of the only photos I managed to get of the latest addition to our clients' herd.  He's never still.  I hope they have all their farm preparation done before they get their alpacas as they will spend so much time just watching their babies.

These are some of my new babies.  I think this is consolation for having to let some of my alpacas go.  I know that is the general idea of raising alpacas but I want to keep them all and then on the other hand I want others to share the happiness and calm they bring to us.


I can cuddle these at the moment and we have had children staying on the campsite.  They were a joy to have here and were so interested in the animals.  They were brilliant at picking up the chicks and cuddling them.  So much better than me, I am missing them and hope they return again to see us.


I have had to take a break from knitting as it is rubbish collection day and as all the recycling has to be washed I was washing a tin when I sliced between my little finger and ring finger.  It hurts and I need sympathy.  It has stopped me from knitting for the night.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch ! poor you ! and obviously you will have to take a knitting break !...hope it doesn't hold you back too much......just love having the baibes around....I know you get nothing done !!...Jayne

    ReplyDelete